Friday, December 08, 2006

casting crowns "konsert" :D


hmmm....

i am impressed with Casting Crowns now.
I once just listen to some songs of theirs, and i thought they were bland... probably cuz i am visual-learner type of guy (i think).. couldn't really catch lyrics when i hear any song....

but yesterday's concert... yea.. i am impressed at them.

their songs, if u hear carefully (or read, for that matter..) are filled with lotsa meanings behind.

of judging, ostracising, and basically what we aren't doing well as believers....

and they managed not to make it preachy... they sang it..

though many would have heard their songs already, i suppose, watching any band live will be more impactful...

quite interesting lar... it's the first concert which makes me think. alot.

so we can sing or preach about not judging people and sing about going to pray, but that's just it. we continue judging people, and "choosing who comes in or out". and we just know that we should pray.
hmm.. better still, let's pray about who to judge. cus we are so good. and others must do it our way.

it's interesting how they managed to point people back to "the voice of truth".

i suppose they brought a message that is super relevant to us. messages i suppose. there were many issues talked abt......

Christianity as a religion where we put on and off like a jacket. Jesus wasn't meant to be put on in the first place. but in.

yea the lyrics of their songs speak for themselves don't they?

Are we happy plastic people
Under shiny plastic steeples
With walls around our weakness
And smiles to hide our pain
But if the invitation’s open
To every heart that has been broken
Maybe then we close the curtain
On our stained glass masquerade



But if we are the body
Why aren't His arms reaching?
Why aren't His hands healing?
Why aren't His words teaching?
And if we are the body
Why aren't His feet going?
Why is His love not showing them there is a way?
There is a way



I’ll praise You in this storm
And I will life my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I’ve cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm



Your love is extravagant
Your friendship, it is intimate
I feel like moving to the rhythm of Your grace
Your fragrance is intoxicating in our secret place
Your love is extravagant



Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You're



Let my lifesong sing to You
Let my lifesong sing to You
I want to sign Your name to the end of this day
Knowing that my heart was true
Let my lifesong sing to You



oh well. no photos, cuz phototaking was prohibitted. maybe except some pics ale, rach and leon took of themselves.. whats new?

AHHAA :D:D jk


oya... there's still another round tonight. if you're reading this today (fri 8dec06 from 1138am to 5+pm?) and never heard of this and u wanna go do consider lar... as in, really consider.
www.konquerors.org



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hey! this is a really serious post! HAHAHAHAHHAHA.

No comments: