Wednesday, May 18, 2005

cough, cough. sigh sigh

Man……. My mind is in a roller coaster.
Or elevator.
Or some big bouncy balls in the Patience room.
It’s up & down, up & down….

Not only my mind, my health too.
Physical health. Have this cough that stubbornly refuses to go away.
I guess its my condition, asthma cough type, that has always been there,
but could have worsened, maybe cos I was lazy in preventing it,
by hardly taking my medicine seriously.

And it can also be said of my spiritual health too. Have this sin that stubbornly
refuses to go away. I guess its my condition, sinful nature, that has always been
there, but could have worsened, maybe cos I was lazy in preventing it, by hardly
taking my devotion seriously.

Cough, cough. Sigh, sigh. Cough, cough again.
(“Ooh… Hey! Look at that jade-green phlegm! Cool sia…..”
{insert exclamations of disgust, and lots of ‘eeyyur’, ‘yucks’, ‘grrooss’ from audience, here.} )

_______________________________________________
Hmmm… Monday evenings, Saturdays, and Sundays, we go to this
white building along Jelapang Rd, which some call it ‘church’,
to have a social gathering, make more friends and to be more popular.
Maybe it’s cos we fit in, or that it’s cool to be in a group setting,
or maybe it’s because got nothing else better to do at our homes.
But definitely not to seek this being, called God.
Definitely not.
Absolutely not.



I could be over-simplistic, or just plain irrational…. But…….
What’s our purpose or desire when we go to church?
What’s the driving force, that makes us look forward to go to church?


Hmm…. Friends, and buddies…… or even obligation(s)….
Or maybe… to have fun and pass the time away…
Anyway, life is just sooooo borrring. So… hey… why not go have fun at ‘church’?


We, humans will see it in our own terms, finite, and almost never, we see it beyond.
I understand some of us may have just taken that step of faith.
And we are so new to this concept of faith, that we are still wandering
around ‘blindly’ and following or imitating others, and their ways so that
we hope we would understand eventually, coupled with the fact that we
might be in a period of extremes of our lives. Extreme confusion, extreme
growth, extreme world…….
For those of us who are in this stage, I know that God will help you,
and it might not be in our timing.

He has done, is doing, will continue to do.
For you.

1 comment:

jonathan said...

mmmm.. yeap!!