Tuesday, January 23, 2007

a disappointing sem

i guess, it was just entropy.
a lazy, slothful, ill-disciplined streak since young that turned into a lifestyle. and it's no one's fault but mine.

tho of course, the tendency is that i tend to grumble and blame my environment, upbringing etc etc etc... but i guess.. at the far back end of our minds.. we can complain all we want, but that rational logical part that's still left, says "is it? really?? u sure?"

gah...
i'm so disappointed. but. i chose not to do anything bout it.

in fact it got worst as the sem proceeded.
grades got worse. studying durations got shorter. stewardships of time and money got worse.

and if this goes on, it will only get worse.

and that's an understatement i suppose...

and the ironic thing is that, i started off this sem reading proverbs. where there are many proverbs about sloths and laziness and ill-discipline and nuahness.

and i took it as a warning.
but.

oh wells.

and right now as the sem closes before the exams... i've pissed my pract teammates off cuz of my own incompetencies, and ill-discipline.

what a great testimony. esp when ppl know i am a so-called 'active christian'. and esp when ppl know what my ministry (or for them, my cca) in sch is rite now.

esp this esp that.

and it brings it a few steps back.
it brings more potholes for people to poke and discredit our God. it gives them something to say against.

oh wells. if it's like that now.. i wonder how it will be when i work.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
just a random thing:

sacrifices to be made.
that's when you really question yourself. are you willing to sacrifice time at a weird time for someone you don't really know yet.
we ask for friends who will be there for us... i guess i'm far far far from that friend. i am willing. but there are buts.


oh wells. a world where we are all fishmongers. or fishermen's friend for that matter.

we sell fish.

ironic isn't it? we sell fish, but we're all called to be fishers of men.

hmm.
for the really blur: sell fish = selfish

3 comments:

Othniel said...

Yo Dude! Somethings also don't change for you too. heh...

Eh, one thing I found out about blaming is that, You cannot always blame yourself. Sometimes you must also blame others when they are wrong! WHY?

Because if you always blame yourself, you'll become depressed and soon or eventually you'll be so damn low in confidence that you might think you can't do things well enough. Hmm... How come I can only tag once ah?? BAsket, ur tag board so Stingy one!

Want to crap, also hard lor..

wenneo said...

hey..Nick..I have endured things like you have endured before when i was in my yr 1 & 2..Things was worse too in an unimaginable condition..& i remember i resorted to a lot of means to try to save time..Skipping programs here & there..No matter is my church or even CF prog just to get things done..Came to an extent when I refused to took up serving partly because of my poor time management & discipline..of coz..I do not dare to say I am a good testimony to any one existed..But at least..I came to a point when i realise that God is the only strength I can rely when the worse enemy I can faced is MYSELF..
& believe it or not..After I decided to take up CF serving whole heartedly..& no things b4 God's serving except God himself..Everything start to go for the better..No matter is my grades or my time management..& alot more..Because I wanted to do the best for him..I tends to try hard for time management & discipine..Coz i know I can do noting for him if i do not have the time to do so..So i worked hard for studies not for the sake of impoving but for the sake of more time in coming to CF for serving him...
Anyway..Don't be discourage k..Just remember when your focus is correct..Everything will be right..Try hard & ask him for strength..Sometime is hard to change one's habit or character.. All you need is some time, chances ,most impt God!!

From Your Dear Sis In Christ,Yu fang =)

Anonymous said...

Wah, you type damn long leh...